The first quarter of 2009 Warren Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK-A)(BRK-B) holdings are now out for the cut off date here of March 31, 2009. There are some changes from the end of Q4.
- American Express Co. (NYSE: AXP) over 151.6 million shares, same as before.
- Bank of America Corp. (NYSE: BAC) 5 million shares; same as last quarter.
- Burlington Northern Santa Fe (NYSE: BNI) 76.77 million shares; HIGHER than 70.089 million shares of last quarter.
- Carmax Inc. (NYSE: KMX) 12 million shares; LOWER than the 17.63 million and that is two straight quarters of declines.
- Coca Cola (NYSE: KO) right at 200 million shares, still same as before.
- Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) 12 million shares, same as before.
- Comdisco Holdings (NASDAQ: CDCO) roughly 1.5 million shares, same as before.
- ConocoPhillips (NYSE: COP) is really lower than the 71.228 million reported as this has been used for cutting taxes, and we already know that the number is lower than what the filing says.
- Constellation Energy Group (NYSE: CEG) was just updated this week so the number is actually about 12.4 million rather than what the filing shows as being 14.828 million shares.
- Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) 5.254 million shares, same as before.
- Eaton Corp. (NYSE: ETN) 3.2 million shares; looks like new holding but may have been missed before.
- Gannett Co. (NYSE: GCI) 3.447 million shares, still the same as before.
- General Electric Corp. (NYSE: GE) 7.777 million shares is the same as before, but does not include the 10% preferred from last year.
- GlaxoSmithkline (NYSE: GSK) 1.51 million shares, same as before.
- Home Depot Inc. (NYSE: HD) 3.7 Million shares; same as before.
- Ingersoll-Rand (NYSE: IR) 7.78 million, same as last quarter.
- Iron Mountain (NYSE: IRM) 3.3722 million shares, same as before.
- Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) about 32.5 million, ABOVE the prior 28.6 million shares but still down from the 62 million last year.
- Kraft Foods (NYSE: KFT) over 138 million; looks roughly the same as before.
- Lowe’s Companies (NYSE: LOW) 6.5 million shares, same as before.
- M&T Bank Corp. (NYSE: MTB) 6.71 million shares, same as before.
- Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) 48 million shares, same as before.
- Nalco Holding (NYSE: NLC) 9.0 million shares; ABOVE our report of 8.730 million last quarter.
- Nike Inc. (NYSE: NKE) 7.641 million shares, same as before.
- Norfolk Southern (NYSE: NSC) 1.933 million shares, same as before.
- NRG Energy (NYSE: NRG) 7.2 million, same as before.
- Procter & Gamble (NYSE: PG) 96.3 million, same as before.
- Sanofi Aventis (NYSE: SNY) more than 3.9 million shares, looks same as before.
- Sun Trust Bank (NYSE: STI) more than 3.2 million shares, same as before.
- Torchmark Corp. (NYSE: TMK) roughly 2.82 million, same as before.
- US Bancorp (NYSE: USB) roughly 69 million; ABOVE last quarter’s 67.6 million.
- USG Corp. (NYSE: USG) 17.072 million shares, same as before.
- United Health Group (NYSE: UNH) 4.5 million; down from over 6 million.
- Union Pacific Corp. (NYSE: UNP) 9.55 million shares, above our 8.9 million noted before.
- United Parcel Service (NYSE: UPS) 1.429 million shares, same as before.
- WABCO Holdings (NYSE: WBC) 2.7 million shares, same as before.
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE: WMT) over 19.9 million shares, same as before.
- Washington Post (NYSE: WPO) over 1.72 million shares, same as before.
- Wells Fargo (NYSE: WFC) over 302 million; ABOVE the 290+ million shares the quarter before.
- Wellpoint Inc. (NYSE: WLP) 4.7773 million shares, same as before.
- Wesco Financial Corp. (NYSE: WSC) 5.7 million shares, same as before.
Share Investor Blog - Stockmarket & Business commentary
Share Investor New Zealand Business News- Get more business news
Discuss this topic @ Shareinvestor.net.nz
Share Investor's Daily Forex Updates
Recommended Amazon Reading
NEW RELEASE -Even Buffett Isn't Perfect: What You Can-And Can't-Learn from the World's Greatest Investor by Vahan Janjigian
Buy new: $22.79 / Used from: $21.07
Usually ships in 24 hours
Kindle 2/Kindle DX: Amazon's New Wireless Reading Devices (Latest Generation)